Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"flora" ceramics


So busy the past few weeks! it was Jeremy's birthday week and i also had my aunt brenda in town for a visit. she is not only very fun to be around, but she's my best patron! luckily we fired a kiln load full of things before she got here.


i've been continuing my series of flora impressions with more queen anne's lace, some neat weed that had wonderful little leaves.. yesterday i did two great platters with some tiny white clemetis from my grandparents porch and some memosa leaves--which made a very strange and soft impression. i also did some platters with re-created lotus blossoms after they fell off my plant. very curious as to how they will turn out!!!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Fabulous blog! Thanks for posting the link to it. It's now bookmarked for my blog-rounds at work.

The store, contents and owner all look lovely!

chandlerguera said...

The highlight of my day was stumbling upon your lovely store. You've created a special experience for the customer that is visually inviting and smells heavenly. I can't wait to try the tub tea and send the cards to my loved ones. I wish you prosperity with your business and salute you for following your heart and talent.

Vespertine Cafe said...

thank you so much, your post made *my* day