Saturday, January 9, 2010

A "Plug" for my Father's Business: South Chatham Tackle.com


I'm very pleased with my title for this post about something I worked on for my father: a label for his Pirate Plug Sampler! These Pirate Plugs are actually pretty cool (excellent colors) and they are a family effort lately! Wrap your mind around this for a moment: my father machined the mold, cast the lead, and powder coated them beautiful colors. Over the holidays my Mom and I helped put the reflective stickers on, cut the squid skirts and glued them on, and packaged them in neat bags with the Seal-a-Meal (which is awesome!) and then stapled on pretty paper tags and punched holes in them. Also, I tie the rigs that come with them (it's a lot like making jewelry actually). Mom and I also spent a day packaging up these awesome assortments of them and this week I worked on the label. Needless to say, the assortments look GREAT and I really hope he sells out at his fishing show this week in Raleigh!


This is the Victorian image of Black Beard that inspired my label.. I think there should be a revival of this game.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about South Chatham to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane