Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Two Years at 64 Hillsboro Street!

Here's a little trip down Memory Lane as I celebrate 2 years at my current location! When I started renting my Hillsboro Street space, I had a limited amount of time to haul my stuff from my old space to the new one, which was full of paneling and phone lines, and get Open before I hemorrhaged any more money. I also had the added hurdle of having the current space full of office furniture that the old tenants left when they took their investors' money and moved to South America (I'm totally not joking there), and the AC Unit did not work. And it was August.

I'd like to take this moment to give a very heartfelt shout-out to my dear friends Marc and Cynthia who hauled all the furniture away, painted, raised lights, hung arches, and answered my call of "Heeeeelllllppppp!"
Love you guys.

Marc wanted to hang himself he was so hot. Note the two-tone shirt created by sweat.

Cynthia, also hot and sweaty, watches Marc on a ladder while he probably is giving orders for our next task. Note the furniture everywhere and the hideous spicy mustard colored trim that was everywhere too...

And look at me now: http://www.jessicabenton.com/stories/vespertine/



*lovely "after" photos by Jessica Benton

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats on 2 years- The shop looks lovely as always!

wanderingintheweehours said...

Two years - amazing!! and it just gets better each time I visit! Yay, Ginna!