Sunday, March 27, 2011

Carrboro Story...

I am remiss for not updating the blog sooner than this! However, I do have a good reason~  This winter I had an amazing opportunity to open a second store in a space in Carrboro that I have admired (dreamed about) for years.  I used to gaze across at the beautiful windows when I worked at The Original Ornament nearly 10 years ago. I think the seeds of my desire to have a shop were planted then, although they took a little while to sprout.

I moved into the space on Feb. 15th and opened on March 6th. Needless to say, I've been a little bit busy...

Thanks to some wonderful friends and family, I am able to run the Carrboro store and keep the Pittsboro shop open as well.  Having a shop in Carrboro has been quite the experience, for many many reasons.  My favorite though, is that I feel such potential here. I love my new customers, the surrounding restaurants, and, I must admit, the parking lots and well kept up town is pretty neat.  Don't get me wrong, I adore Pittsboro, but I often feel like the merchants can't catch a break.  There is such opportunity in this sweet historical town, but we have to fight for every small thing. If the Courthouse isn't burning down/being rebuilt over a year later, then a store is closing and staying vacant for months (or years, ahem, Red Star Coffee~so glad it's finally open!), or shingles are falling off the ancient awnings, there is NO place for visitors to park, the plantings are terrible.. but I digress.  I want only the best things for Pittsboro, and I am ever hopeful.

My Carrboro store is located in a wonderful old building at 118 B East Main Street. It is semi-connected to This and That Gift Gallery(we share doorways and the bathroom). I really lucked out with my building mates~ not only are Joy and Paul really nice and fun, but Paul is a photographer! He generously took the super-cool 180 degree shot above.  That's my new view from my counter.

Come visit!  I am open in Pittsboro Tues-Sat 10:30-5, and in Carrboro Tues-Sat 10:30-5:30, Sun 12-4

3 comments:

Jane said...

Looking forward to visiting your new store in Carrboro

Jane Moody

K.E. said...

I love both places!
One of your favorite customers :)

chandlerguera said...

Congratulations! This is exciting news.