Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Paris Photos!!!!!

oh my goodness... i have just returned from an amazingly lovely trip to Paris to visit my dear friends Ariel and Derek. i soaked up wonderful food, beautiful art, and sweet flowering plants the whole trip. i am also full of inspiration for new things to make for Vespertine~ stay tuned!

paris trip 2009-day one
My first full day in Paris wandering around looking at well manicured trees and eating at a fondue resturant!

paris trip 2009--Pere Lachaise Cemetary
Luckily for me, Derek's friends Brian and Melissa wanted to go to the Pere LaChaise Cemetary on Sunday. I say luckily because I was of the mindset of "oh, who wants to see Jim Morrison's grave?", and i would not have ended up going.. However, it was sooooo much more than that, and I am sooooo glad they wanted to go. it was so amazing, and huge! we only saw a little bit of it, and my brain got overloaded with seeing all the beautiful sepulcres and tombs. it was fabulous! thanks brian and melissa~

paris trip 2009--wandering around with Ariel
Wandering around with Ariel on a brisk and sunny day--with Panini in hand! fabulous~

paris trip 2009--Musee D'Orsay
the wonderful Musee D'Orsay~i felt terribly guilty Mom wasn't there to enjoy it with me!

paris trip 2009--L'Orangerie et le Musee d'Arts Decoratifs
design overload~that's really all i can say....

paris trip 2009--Notre Dame
Notre Dame--killed my legs! but then i spent the day wandering around and going to an amazing sewing notions shop where i spoke in French to a wonderful shopkeeper who helped me select buttons and ribbons that will be showing up in new Vespertine products

paris trip 2009--Chartres
Train trip out of town with Ariel to beautiful Chartres

paris trip 2009--Giverny with Ariel
another wonderful train trip out to Giverny--Monet's home and garden..... beyond beautiful and peaceful....siiiggghhh

paris trip 2009--#30 Rue Poissy
Ariel and Derek's neat apartment

1 comment:

chandlerguera said...

Love the pictures from your Parisian holiday!!